Monday, April 2, 2012

A year ago today


A year ago today, April 2nd, I sat in a crowded auditorium with thousands and thousands of other college students at Passion Ft. Worth. The Holy Spirit moved me that day as I listened to the story of Hannah, and was drawn in by the passion that Louie spoke with. Jesus was tugging on my heartstrings that afternoon, and because of that moment my life is not the same.

Simply one year and my life is totally different. So different in fact, that I am actually writing this reflection from Africa. I am writing this reflection as I sit in my kindergarten classroom at the Children of Zion Village children’s home where I know the Lord has called me to.

I can’t even tell you how crazy that feels! It makes the awesomeness of my GOD seem even more awesome. Look at what he can do in a years time!! If you had asked me yesterday a year ago if I would ever give up my life to go and live in Africa and teach school, I would look at you like you were crazy. But God, He loves crazy, He lives for the crazy. I am so blessed to be one of the crazy ones!!!

I know that the 10 months that still lay ahead of me will be full of challenges and joys, the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. But would I really want to be anywhere else than right in the middle or Gods plan for my life? I would unwaveringly have to answer no.

I am so thankful for that day at Passion. I am thankful that the Lord is moving and working in such amazing ways through such a fantastic organization.

In fact, a song that was played at Passion inspired the whole theme of my year here. “Carry Your Name,” So its only fitting to leave you with some of the lyrics.

How Merciful the cross
How powerful the blood
How beautiful your arms, opened for us, opened for us

No greater love
God’s only Son
Jesus, Jesus

No other name
Mighty to save
Jesus, Jesus

By your wounds we are healed
You have conquered the grave
In your rising we will rise

To carry your name
Above every name

No greater love
God’s only Son
Jesus, Jesus

No other name
Mighty to save
Jesus, Jesus

I will carry your name
Carry your name
Jesus your name, forever

For all of my days
In all of my ways
Jesus your name, forever

No comments:

Post a Comment