Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday


**** This was written yesterday, but thanks to terrible internet was posted today!! ****

I am overwhelmed by the goodness of my Savior today. I am flooded with unbelievable gratitude. So my post today will be short and sweet. Just reflecting on the beauty of this past week and that it entailed.

First I want to start by talking about Passion Week. This week, my heart and mind has been drawn, so many times, to the moments and days leading up to the death and resurrection of my Lord. I found myself often times just thinking, what it must have felt like to know that in a few short days all those around you would be belittling you to nothing more than an imposter. I can’t imagine that I would handle that very well. Thank goodness I wasn’t the one doing the sacrificing. But in my human mind, I cannot wrap my thoughts around the feeling that would be associated with looking these people in the eye and telling them the most amazing truth, only to have them completely forget it a few short days later. I have especially felt this with Peter. I can only imagine how hard it is, to look at this man whom you love and trust, and know that he will deny he ever knew you. I don’t think I could stand it.

The magnitude of that sacrifice that Friday afternoon on top of that hill will forever blow me away. So much sadness in the death of the Lord and Savior, but then the beautiful part is that so much happiness came from it. That Sunday, my Lord defeated the grave and conquered death to ascend to heaven and forever reign as the rightful King that He is.

I am so thankful for that sacrifice, so thankful for that death. My life has meaning and purpose because of the actions that took place that day. How can I keep silent about something that holds so much promise? No matter where you are in life, no matter how far gone you may think you are, My Jesus has already been there. My Jesus has already carried that burden or felt that shame you carry around with you. What a beautiful promise, what a beautiful savior.

This week here at Zion was a week like any other. We welcomed the nice school break on Friday and this coming Monday. So thankful to have a few days off from school to relax, re-coop, and re-energize! Because of the long weekend, a few of our children who have families locally, headed to their villages for the break. Laura and I went on the drop off trip. It was so different to see how people live inside the actual villages surrounding town. It gave me a deeper looker into the culture and the background of most of these children.

Easter Sunday, our kids put on a wonderful play about the resurrection. They did so wonderful and worked so hard for it! We were reminded in the message of the beautiful story and meaning of Easter.

After church we had a traditional braai. The food was wonderful. We had chicken, cabbage, soup, and paap. We pulled all of the dining tables out to sit in the shade by the water. It was a really wonderful meal.

I am so thankful to spend this special holiday with these kids at this place. I pray that today, and everyday, the Lord opens hearts to accept Him, and that eyes are opened to the beauty of our Savior. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter wherever you may be.

To my family, I miss you all, and wish I were there with yall!  

All of us girls in our Easter Pink!! :)

Liseli was scratching my face!! This girl cracks me up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment