Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trust and Talents

This past week was one full of so many different things; it is hard to sit down and chose what it is I should tell you all about.

So I will start with the title, Trust and talents. Two non-similar things, but this week, they were the stars of the show.

As most of you know, or read, I am soon to be faced with trying to get my passport re-stamped for another 3 months. So, here in the country of Namibia they have a law that says you are not allowed to “visit” for more than 3 months in a year. Well, come May 6th my 3 months are up. Knowing this law, I have filled out the applications necessary to obtain a work visa and permit. Those two documents give me up to 2 years inside the country, no problem. The only issue there, is that the documents required is quite extensive, and if you submit and there is one thing wrong they will deny you and you have to start the process all over again. So I sit here, still waiting on a few documents from the states. Just submitting the paperwork unfortunately doesn’t solidify anything either. The directors here at COZV submitted their paperwork in October and still have heard nothing. It is a lengthy process going through a government not like our own.

So, that leads me to what will take place this Friday the 20th. A fellow volunteer is flying home on that day and so we have to drive her into Botswana to get her to the airport. When we do that, we are going to be facing the obstacle of getting back into the country/getting approval for more time within the country. This whole process is really all out of our hands. We have no control in the situation. I am really being challenged in my trust. Do I really trust the Lords provision? Do I trust that His plan is better in this situation, even though I do not know what the outcome will be?

The main thing that stole the spotlight this week was the children’s talent show. Last night, the children put on a wonderful show showing off all of their talents. We had a blast this week getting everything ready, from costumes, to music, and all sorts of dances. It is hard not to have fun with something when the children are beside themselves with excitement to perform for everyone. So last night the whole place was bursting with energy! The kids were all so full of excitement and bouncing off every wall!! We started the night with the little girls ballet routine. Talk about adorable. And there were two perfectly sized outfits for Liseli and Nsala. The room was exploding with cuteness!!! We had an upside down chin choir, multiple dance routines, a dramatic poem, and singing! It was such a fun night!

I know that this week was so full of so many other things; I just know that I couldn’t possibly begin to write about them all!

Please be in prayer for our border crossing. Pray that I can trust that God’s plan, whatever is, is way better than anything I could have imagined for myself.

Of Course, here are so pictures from last night!

My girl Liseli and Me!

Marsella and Inoge

The adorable Ballet Girls!

Marsella and Nsala doing the Allelujah song!

Efa and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment