Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thirsty for more of you...

My prayer lately has been the verses of the song “We are hungry.”

“Lord I want more of you
Living water rain down on me.
Lord I need more of you.
Living breath of life, come and fill me up.”

In my emptiness, in my weakness the Lord has time and time again intervened and filled me up. He has given more and more to me in the last month than I could ever have imagined. He has revealed so much of Himself, His greatness, His beauty, and His creation to me that I can’t imagine having more of Him. But then at every turn and every corner, I am yearning for more of him. I need more of him. I am so thankful to serve a God who does not put a limit on my love quota for a month or a lifetime.

“We are hungry
We are hungry
We are hungry for more of you.
We are thirsty, Oh Jesus
We are thirsty for more of you.”

Daily, I feel like these words ring more and more true. I am so hungry for Him. Hungry for a food, a satisfaction that only He can provide. No earthly food or meal can ever fill and sustain me like that given to me from the Lord. I thirst for His word. I thirst for the promises those pages hold. My day is not complete unless I am satisfied and quenched by His overwhelming goodness.

“We lift our holy hands up, We want to touch you.
We lift our voices higher and higher and higher to you.”

So in these moments, I find myself closing my eyes. Breathing in this fresh African air. Feeling the breeze on my face and desiring to be closer to him. I can raise my hands and my voice only so loud and so high, and at some point He just takes over me. I relish in these moments. They are precious and I am so filled with the spirit after those times with Him. I am thankful for this time. I am thankful for this purpose in which He has brought me here, if not for anything else, but to see Him more.


Say goodbye to week 5 and hello to number 6! I cannot believe how quickly time flies. But it certainly means I am having a great time.

As I wrote last time, this past week I took over the preschool classroom! WOW! What a whirlwind! I had the most fun acting the most silly with some of the most precious children! It is so fun to teach, but teach in a Christian curriculum and setting where I can pray with my kids and talk about God’s wonderful creation.  Everyday we read a story from the bible and they stand and recite the story in their own words, and day after day I am blown away by their intrigue in the word and the Old Testament! I can’t wait to continue this journey with them and love them and teach them with the love of Christ.  I will post pictures next week of my sweet little class! You all will just swoon!

Sadly, we had to say goodbye to one the volunteers today! Auntie Heidi spent two months here and today she headed back home to Maryland! I am seriously going to miss this girl! She is a gem! So much fun to be around and laugh with! Also, she is one of the best cooks ever! We will SO miss her food! Hopefully her sweet smile will be greeting us again soon back here at Zion!!!

This weeks highlights….

Definitely I must talk about playing with the sweet babies! I just love love love those babies! The twins are getting SO much bigger! Its unbelievable! Thank you God for keeping them healthy!

Tuesday evening, Lorna and I and some of the boys helped put out a grass fire that was threatening our transform and garden! It was crazy being so close! The smoke was blowing and the fire was cracking SO loud! Luckily we got it out quickly and there was no damage!

Thursday night the Currys and us girls went out to dinner at our favorite pizza place! It was so much fun to get out! I think they all think I’m nuts. My laughing all the time has continued here in Africa don’t yall worry!

Saturday morning, we took the kids on a walk to the “Mountain,” We took the little girls so it was fun to throw them on our backs in the shetangis! I am sure I am leaving out so many highlights of the week, but its just so face paced!!! Saturday afternoon we played Bible jeopardy, which was great fun! Saturday night for movie night we watched THE LION KING! So you know I was singing along with all the kids! So fun! This morning was church, and then saying goodbye to sweet Heidi! Afterwards we took the kids on a walk. Now, normally our walks are about an hour long, but today we took a “long” walk and it was ridiculous! We tried to take a short cut back home and the kids got us lost!!! Hahahaha! It was crazy and SO HOT! We were so thankful when we finally made it to the road! I spent my afternoon moving bedrooms! Since Heidi left I moved into her room so this way us girls all have our own rooms and bathrooms! Talk about exhausting! But it feels nice to be all moved in now! I am excited for this week ahead and all the craziness it will bring!

Love you all! And I miss you guys like crazy! I am very excited for my trip home in June and especially for my Best Friends wedding! (MISS YOU LINDSEY AND DUSTY!!!) Continue praying for me. Continuing praying adopt over me. Pray for the river. It is rising quickly and moving very fast these days.

Email me!!! I love hearing from yall! Makinsey1220@yahoo.com

The sweet babies!

The fire out behind the transition home!

Carrying the girls in our Shetangi's

Nsala on my back!

After church today! Saying goodbye to Heidi!

No comments:

Post a Comment