Monday, February 6, 2012

Leaving, on a Jet Plane...

They say saying goodbye is the hardest part. I would have to say I agree. 

I am currently on a plane to Dallas to begin this journey. I cannot believe I am actually here, that this is actually happening. It is all very surreal. 

Over the last few days, between packing and stressing over what to pack, I had the opportunity to spend precious time with some of the most important people in my life. It was so fun to have time with everyone! It might not have always been a long time but none the less it was super precious to me. 

This past Friday Brad and Ashley Ingram hosted a prayer night for me. It was such a beautiful time of fellowship, memories, and prayer. I am so blessed to have the people in my life that I do. So, to all of you who were there and those who couldn't make it but we're there in spirit, I say thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Saying goodbye has proven itself to be very overwhelming, and to be honest, quite awkward. Its so weird saying goodbye to people I  am used to seeing or at least talking to daily. It definitely doesn't feel real. It's hard to imagine not being present in the "life" I have always known. I know so much will change in a year! 

To say it has been emotional might be the understand of the decade!! Or you could imagine its just about as predictable as the winning quarterback of the Super Bowl proclaiming he is going to Disney world! Emotion just comes with this territory. I typically can handle emotions pretty well, I have suddenly lost that ability. Tears come easily, sadness becomes overwhelming, and I can't but help having the "oh crap" moments. You know, that moment where you sit back and say to you self "oh crap, I am really doing this." I will say though that those moments are few and far between. But hey, at least we know I am human!! The beautiful thing though, amidst all these emotions, more times than not I am overcome with joy. I am joyful that I am called. I joyful that I am so sure of this, of this call, and of my saviors provision. I look at the world around me and think, "If only everyone could feel this much joy what a different picture of life we could have." I can't help but yearning for hearts and minds to understand what this feels like. What it is like to, in one swoop, feel every emotion ever created. What it feels like to be so confident in the Lord and His promise. What it feels like to know your life is not your own and being totally okay with that. 

So, as I travel today, and feel the weight of all the goodbyes, all the tears, do me one favor. Rejoice! Be glad! The lord has brought me here, He has already gone before me and He is SO excited for me to get there too! I like to imagine that today Jesus and the angels are cheering and high fiving, like "YES, she finally understands it" and on the opposite side of that I love the image of Satan just shaking in his boots saying "oh crap, she really went through with it!!" 

Now that my friends is an emotion worth having!!

Love to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment