Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A glimpse of Christ


A glimpse of Christ…

Monday morning started with staff devotions followed with an immediate departure for town. Why, you ask? We had a court appearance at 9am to pick up one-month-old twin boys, who were born a month premature. Yes, you read that correctly, 1 month old. So Jessie and I piled in the van with the Curry’s to head to court. When we arrived we waited outside as the hearing proceeded. After a little bit, out walks the family with the babies. We walked to the parking lot and there in that moment, a family gave their nephews away to be cared for and raised by someone else. In that moment, a family made the decision to provide something better for these two lives. I praise God that I was present to witness this moment in time. I was the first Auntie to hold little Manyando. I was the first to look in his little wrinkly face and pray a prayer of health, strength, and love over him. Looking in the faces of Mafanjeho and Manyando I see a glimpse of my creator. I see his power, that he can create such a being as this. I see the love he has for us that he would put so much detail and thought into the creation of every life no matter the gender, race, country, or circumstance. Unfortunately these boys were born into a situation where they could not be properly cared for but praise God for the judgment of this family to seek out help. Now these boys will have the opportunity to succeed and thrive here at Zion. The prayer for these new babies and all children here at Zion is that they see Christ in the way they are raised and live daily life. That is my prayer also. I consider myself blessed to be here for the first year of these sweet babies lives. The change and growth I will get to see happen will be amazing.

Thank you Father for these babies. I pray today for their health, that they grow strong and eat enough to stay healthy and thrive. I pray for their futures. I pray they become strong men who love and fear you.




Here is a photo I got the day we brought them home!
(Manyando is on the left, Mafanjeho on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment