Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I get knocked down....


You know the lyrics… everyone does. “I get knocked down, but I get up again, your never gonna keep me down…” and so on and so on. Feel free to add the ever-popular head bob in as well.

Well this seems to be Satan’s tactic in my life. But like they lyrics say, He has no capability of keeping me down.

As you might or might not know, since the time I left the states, sickness has been the one thing that has plagued my time here.  This time around I really thought this sickness was going to be the one! I can’t tell you how terrible I felt. Lets add to it the added exhaustion of jet lag and it equals an awful 10 days of sickness.

But I can’t help but be drawn closer to the Lord every time I get sick. It makes me laugh because I know that the evil one is using this to break me and wear me down, but inevitably it brings me closer to my savior every time.

Since I was cooped up in the house so much, I spent so much time in the word, and pleading with the lord in prayer.

Although I wish I could skip out on the being sick part, I have to say I am grateful for the ways the ultimate physician has provided healing in His way and His time.

So this week, I am thankful for sickness, and even more thankful for a Lord who can and will heal me in His time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment